How to identify a fake Facebook profile
Here are most common signs for identifying a fake Facebook profile:
|image credits: Facebook|
"Recent statistics show that at least 10 per cent of about 1.35 billion Facebook users are not authentic. Besides, there are millions of users who create fake identities and appear as regular users," FakeOff creator Eliran Shachar told PTI.
Fake profiles are divided into several groups including criminals, commercial and psychological, that can risk reputations (identity theft), children (paedophiles and sexual abuse), property (home break-ins) and personal safety, he added.
Source : NDTV
Here are top 10 ways to identify a fake Facebook account:
1. Look for photos in the profile.If there is only one photo of the individual in the whole profile it makes it quite clear that the account is fake.
Go to his/her profile, right-click on the DP(display picture / profile picture) and click on Search Google for image option or download DP and then go to Google images Click on Camera icon which says Search by image, Click on Upload an Image, now choose the Picture you had downloaded earlier , Now once the uploading Completes, Google will show you Similar Images that already exist over internet.
2. Most of DP's would be a girl's image. A girl DP with more followers will be fake account.
3. He/She will not write more on about page in that account.
4. Check out the friends list. More friends with opposite gender will be a fake account.
5. Check for birth date. Most of the fake accounts will will be with DOB as April 1st, Jan 1st, Dec 31st, as it is quite unique and easy to type in.
6.Check the info. If person is interested in looking for dating have a more signs of being a fake account.
7. Check out the status updates from that account. Most of fake account users will not involve in updating usual kind of events or sharing links or commenting on others posts.
8. Person will add more friends continuously (mostly opposite genders), but there are no pages liked or groups joined
10. Look for photos. Mostly, the photos folder will have no photos or with any sexual images or the folder having one or two or even with more photos of any random celebrity.
Detect a fake Facebook account now from your account:
FakeOFF - application that will help you to identify your fake Facebook friends.FakeOff Facebook app will help you to finding fake Facebook accounts from your friend list. It will help to identify whether the friend requests are fake or not. Once you have installed this app in your profile it will continuously search for fake accounts on your profile.After that it will rate and categorize your friends list in the order of One to Ten.FakeOff also checks for all suspicious activities in your profile.FakeOff app Scan the pictures of other profiles and find out whether it is stolen from some where and find out the account is real or fake. If FakeOff finds such accounts it will notify you.
How to identify a fake Facebook profile Reviewed by Sriram PV on 11:21:00 Rating: