How to edit Nokia S40 themes without any software (.nth themes)
Some times you will not find very accurate theme you like, then at such time you can create your own using already created themes. You can even create your own theme (modifying older one) with your image as wallpaper, you all time favourite music as ringtone and lots.
Tools required will be:
- Your own images.
- Your own ringtones.
Following are the Steps for manually modifying the nokia s40 theme:
- Open the theme you want to modify with Winrar and extract all the files from that theme.
- Now find “theme_descriptor.xml” file or simply “.xml” file.
Open it with any editor. It is the file which is responsible for using all the files in the theme pack for appropriate options and where values of themes have been assigned/coded.
If you want to change the tones of the theme then search and
- Change the value of “ringtone” parameter to change the ringtone.
- Change the value of “msg_alert” parameter to change the message tone.
If you want to modify the wallpaper of the theme then search and
- Change the value of “main_display_graphics” parameter to change the wallpaper.
If you want to change the screen saver of the theme then search and
- Change the value of “main_display_graphics” parameter to change screen saver.
In this way you can change whatever you want and replace your favourite picture/mp3 file from the winrar (remember to replace by same format and same name).
Or if you choose to replace with different formats like, replacing jpg with gif/swf and aac with mp3 then, Open the original theme with Winrar. Click on Add button, a dialogue box will open. Now select file (ringtones, images) you want to replace in theme, add files, delete unnecessary files that you dont need and then edit parameters with that name followed by file-format in the “xml” file (do this if you can understand the xml code). Click OK.
Now you have successfully edited your theme.
How to edit Nokia S40 themes without any software (.nth themes) Reviewed by Sriram PV on 10:07:00 Rating: